FILERS:For Americans who have filed their taxes for 2018 or 2019, if you had your direct deposit information updated when you filed you can be sure the IRS will send you your stimulus check to the same direct deposit account. If you need to update your bank information or track your check you should follow the link below to update it. It is expected the “Get My Payment” application will be up and running by 4/15/2020 and you can locate that under FILERS here- Payments are believed to start from this Saturday 4/18/2020. NON-FILERS:If you don’t file taxes, use the “Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here” application to provide simple information so you can get your payment. You should use this application if:• You did not file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return because your gross income was under $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples). This includes people who had no income. Or• You weren’t required to file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return for other reasonsIf you receive these benefits, we already have your information and you will receive $1,200. Do not use this application if you receive:• Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits• Railroad Retirement and Survivor BenefitsSpecial note: People in these groups who have qualifying children under age 17 can use this application to claim the $500 payment per child.Non-Filers who did not file in 2018 or 2019 can apply for their stimulus check here- Information You will Need to Provide• Full name, current mailing address and an email address• Date of birth and valid Social Security number• Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one• Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one• Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one• For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse What to Expect Follow these steps in order to provide your information:• Create an account by providing your email address and phone number; and establishing a user ID and password.• You will be directed to a screen where you will input your filing status (Single or Married filing jointly) and personal information.Note: Make sure you have a valid Social Security number for you (and your spouse if you were married at the end of 2019) unless you are filing “Married Filing Jointly” with a 2019 member of the military. Make sure you have a valid Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number for each dependent you want to claim for the Economic Impact Payment.• Check the “box” if someone can claim you as a dependent or your spouse as a dependent.• Complete your bank information (otherwise we will send you a check).• You will be directed to another screen where you will enter personal information to verify yourself. Simply follow the instructions. You will need your driver’s license (or state-issued ID) information. If you don’t have one, leave it blank.You will receive an e-mail from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms that either acknowledges you have successfully submitted your information, or that tells you there is a problem and how to correct it. Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment. Who is eligible for the Economic Impact Payment?U.S. citizens or resident aliens who:• Have a valid Social Security number,• Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer, and• Had adjusted gross income under certain limits. Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:• Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019• Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits• Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits This info can also be found on the IRS.GOV website.

Related posts

Leave a Reply